Tuesday, May 10

Clunes and Mother's Day

Last Sunday week, one of my favourite events was on, so I took a countryside jaunt with my dad to visit the Clunes Booktown festival. It happens to be a place where lovely bookshops are everywhere you turn. I came away with a book of critisism  on Jean-Luc Godard and a darling King Penguin on the Sculptures of the Parthenon that was in search of a home. 



This week has felt crazy for a number of reasons, most of them quite exciting. I recently became the 'preferred candidate' for a role that allows me to become better in my chosen field and also allows me to continue on my various intern and volunteer projects. They all seemed to like me, but then another urgent call told me that I couldn't being any time soon. Perhaps any time in the next month!

I ventured over to the Public Records Office, Victoria for an information session about what it is like to be a volunteer there, and although I have been on tours there several times, I felt quite excited that I may be a part of something great. I could see that they were in the process of setting up a new exhibition, there was great disarray in the foyer. That same day I became once more wrapped up in my role scanning stills for the Archive at the Victorian College of the Arts. I always find such interesting photographs, but the process itself is impossibly slow.

I love beastly stormy weather as it reminds me of my travels in foreign countries, and gives me a good excuse to stay indoors with a good book and a very large cup of tea in my new Kikki K mug I bought myself for by birthday. It's the perfect size for an afternoon home alone.
Last weekend was no exception. glorious sunshine on Saturday and the most turbulent excuse for a storm on Mother's DAy. This didn't prevent us from visiting Station Pier and having a lovely afternoon tea.

xx bronte





No comments: